Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spending A Day Immersed In Basics

For me, the basics of my business is writing, rewriting and editing. And that's what I'm doing today. I'm running behind on a writing project and I really need to step up a little bit.

Part of it is that I've wasted a lot of time second-guessing myself; wondering if the facts I chose to highlight in the copy are the ones that showcase the organisation as its best, writing and rewriting and then starting from the beginning again. And yes, client provided guidance, so it should be clear. But sometimes the writing process gets muddy.

Grrrrrrr! I do this to myself sometimes. You'd think I'd learn to manage this trait in myself better, and actually be proactive about that. But I almost always fall into the same trap. And when you write for clients, you actually don't have the luxury of second-guessing yourself like that.

In other news, if you have a minute, please take the poll on the Shukumisa web site called "What would you do if you saw someone being lured into a potentially violent situation?"


Also please leave a comment.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Muddy is the best adjective I've ever heard to describe the writing process ;-)

I'm feeling the same way about a job I'm doing for a new client. Always nice not to be alone!

Rebecca A Emrich said...

I love your adjective, and yep you asked a great question, I think, i hope i gave a decnet answer.

Still don't second guess too much my dear! your writing is awesome, you've become a mentor to me in many ways =)

Damaria Senne said...

@ Rebecca - Thanks for the compliment. I'm you're also learning and benefitting from my writing journey. I was satisfied with your answer, BTW.

@Tamara - Amen re not being alone.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.