Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas preparations, vacation planning and work update

It's a lovely Monday morning and I'm well-rested after a quiet weekend spent with friends and puttering in my garden. I also coloured my hair black. I started going gray when I was 20 or so and now almost 50% of my hair is gray. I'm used to it and most times I just leave in it its natural state. But somehow this weekend my last drop of vanity kicked in and I decided to do something about it. It looks good, if I do say so myself. And according to a friend, I no longer look odd (like an old woman with a remarkably young face and body. LOL)

Christmas preparations- I realised on Saturday that Christmas is almost upon us. I'd been so focussed on getting the publishing work done that the world changed without my noticing. The good news is that I don't have to do a whole lot to prepare for Christmas.

One my million cousins is hosting the Christmas lunch. (My father was the youngest of 9 kids and none of his siblings were shy when it came to reproducing. And as my cousins are a lot older than me and some have kids around my age who also have kids and grandkids, you can see why the number is inflated to a million:-) So all I have to do is show up with food and a gift on the day. Yay me!

Vacation planning - I've also been looking at my holiday vouchers trying to decide if I can take a holiday. I need the break after a year of pushing myself so hard. But I'm not sure whether there's still space available at locations I'm allowed to choose from.

Freelance work - Work is going well. I'm handing in Book 4 to the client this week. I've done most of the manuscript review and preparation and am having author do final check before we into edit. Starting work on Book 5 today.

Creative writing - Nanowrimo was a bust for me. I had too much book work to do and when I did get a breather, I needed to sleep. There has been days when I had to get by on 4 hours of sleep per night to read through manuscripts and review them, so I'm reassured that Nanowrimo did not fall through the cracks through any fault of my own. Maybe next year I will do better and manage to finish the 50 000 words.

1 comment:

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Scary to think that it's less than a month to Christmas!

Damaria, hope your holiday plans come together! We're such a small family, I'm quite envious of all your cousins! :)

And at least you tried Nano - I keep on wanting to and then I chicken out. Maybe next year I'll join you! :)

Judy, South Africa

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.