Saturday, September 02, 2006

A paradox

A couple of months ago I was working in the vegetable garden with Baby, and it reminded me of my paternal grandfather, who was a keen gardener.

"I wish grandfather was here," I said to Baby.
"No you don’t," she said. "If your grandfather was alive, he would be very old and sickly and i'm sure you don't want that for him."

True. My paternal grandfather was born on the 21 October 1890, so he'd be 116. Difficult to be healthy and sprightly at that age.

"Or maybe, you would be living in the past now and I wouldn’t have been born yet. And how could you life be good without me?"

Hmm. Good question.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.