Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Teenagers hijack cabbie, leave him for dead

Yesterday I bumped into an acquaintance I haven’t seen in a long while. He works as a cab driver and tells me the reason I hadn’t seen him is that he was in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds.

Read the story on my Mobile Life blog here.

The interesting thing about this incident is that my friend was not hijacked by poor, desperate teenagers trying to earn a living, even if it is in a morally reprehensible way.

These are kids from a priviledged, dare I say wealthy, background. And from what my friend tells me, the boys' parents are good people who are desperately trying to figure out how their children's lives went wrong.

For one of the boys , there's a one word answer - DRUGS.

A scary prospect for every parent.....

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.