Sunday, June 28, 2009

Learn Some Things About Me

I found harassedmom's take on this meme very interesting, so I decided to play.

1. What is your current obsession? Books. It started when I was 12 and never let up.

2. What is your weirdest obsession? The Twilight Saga. Read all four books, bought the DVD and can't wait for the release of New Moon ( the movie). It's a young adult series, for goodness' sake!

3. Recall a fond childhood memory? The Christmas before my father died. We knew he wouldn't make it through the next year and all made an effort to have the most special Christmas we've ever had. Everyone made an effort to be extra loving to each other.

4. What’s for dinner? We had beef stew, rice and salad. Delicious!

5. What would you eat for your last meal? Seafood platter.

6. What’s the last thing you bought? River sand, for the couryard at the back of my house.

7. What are you listening to right now? Vuvuzelas. Watching 2009 Confed Cup. I was going to skip the game, but Baby talked me into it. Now she's fallen asleep in the middle of the game.

8. What do you think of the person who tagged you? I wasn’t tagged

9. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be? Johannesburg. I live in my favourite city. I'd simply want a bigger house, still period style, in Houghton.

10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Durban, to see my newest nephew, Matthew Kabelo. He's soo cute!

11. Which language do you want to learn? Sign language

12. What’s your favourite quote (for now)? It's not a quote as such, but something a friend of mine said: "Pretend that you have a camera that is focussed on your problem. Then, zoom out. Look at all the issues and other things surrounding your problem. Chances are, if you're looking at the big, wide angled image of the whole picture, you will see a way around your problem." Gaynor Paynter, friend and small business owner.

13. What is your favourite colour? Red

14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? Black leggings. They're very warm, comfortable and can be matched with other pieces of clothing to look stylish quite easily.

15. What is your dream job? To write novels.

16. What’s your favourite magazine? 25 Beautiful Homes

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? A Day at Magwanani Day Spa.

18. Describe your personal style? In terms of clothing? don't know. I just buy what I like.

19. What are you going to do after this? Go to bed. It's after 22h00 on a Sunday.

20. What are your favourite films? Grosse Pointe Blank, Speed 1, Stargate, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, Twilight, The Matrix

21. What’s your favourite fruit? Avocado

22. What inspires you? Ordinary people doing extraordinary things

23. Your favourite books? Lord, there are so many! The ones that come to mind easily are are Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, Acheron by Sherilyn Kenyon, Restoree by Anne McCaffrey, Lightning by Dean Koonz, Dark Magic by Christine Feehan, Jacob by Jacqueline Frank, JD Robb's In Death series...More on my online library on Facebook.

24. Do you collect anything? It seems I collect books. I didn't set out to do it though. It's just that when I find an author I like, I end up buying everything they've written that I can find.

25. Any advice that’s come from bitter experience? Be the best person you can be, without anger or bitterness. Don't let people who hurt you decide who you should be or what you should believe in.

26. What makes you follow a blog? When the blogger says something that resonates with me/if they inspire me/continuously teach me something new/I suspect common interests (renovating old houses, parenting, writing).

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Awesome answers. Love the quote on zooming out... very wise.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.