Monday, July 26, 2010

Had a fabulous weekend!

Many thanks to the people who made the Saturday birthday party possible; especially those who held my hand because being a hostess always makes me nervous. It went very well, with old friends connecting and new friendships being formed. I didn't eat much of anything ( but then I never do because my stomach is tied in knots:-), but before I knew it, the luncheon had evolved into an evening full of laughter and storytelling.

And yeah, the group got lots of mileage out of that one, with one guest even calling her husband who is a TV producer to come sit at my table because she's found the kind of story he's been wanting to document.

Got lots of thoughful pressies too. I was touched that a new friend I made in the past couple of months actually noticed that I liked something ( while we were at a mall) and then gave it to me when I didn't buy it for myself. Gifts where people pay attention to your likes always feel extra special, don't they?

On Sunday I went to the Kensington Craft Market, where I connected with more friends and got some free soup ( because they knew it was my birthday and they were happy to celebrate with me all over again.)

So now today it's back to business, and of course, work is hectic as ever.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

1 comment:

tiah said...

Glad you had a wonderful time!

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.