Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Keeping Butt In Chair

I uploaded a couple of 2010 Christmas photos to my Facebook album. It was weird, seeing my family from an outsider's perspective through the pictures. We sorta looked happy; we were all glad to be able to get together, as this doesn't happen often.

I haven't been as productive as I would have liked this morning. I'm editing a case study, and thankfully, the client recognised from the beginning that it was not well-written and could need a major overhaul. So I didn't feel like I was insulting them or ambulance chasing when I emailed them my comments.

I also have a copy deadline tomorrow, so I really need to keep my butt on the chair and write. Do you ever feel like cleaning a house and washing dishes could become a very attractive job when you're supposed to sit down and write? I know the words will come once I get over myself, but meanwhile, rinsing the breakfast dishes, making another mug of tea, blogging, replying to emails, commenting on posts... and all other unnecessary tasks .....have suddenly become pressing duties. Argggg!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.