Saturday, January 03, 2009

What's for dinner?


I've previously mentioned that I'm trying to live mostly on fresh foods, as my doctor recommended I cut out wheat, dairy and processed foods.

As a result, I'm constantly experimenting with food, so I don't feel too deprived. Anyway, in line with my plan to take more photos, here's a pic of dinner last night.

Nothing special was done with the rice, cucumber slices and avo.

But I tried out Eileen's gem squash + peas recipe, which she'd served for Christmas lunch. [Eileen is Baby's step-grandma].

Anyway, I didn't expect to get it exactly right, especially as I microwaved both vegetables before bringing them together. Added a very thin stick of margarine into the peas before putting in the microwave.

The meat casserole was also straighforward. I braised half a cup of meat, thinly sliced, along with onion, potato slices and carrots in a tablespoon of veg oil . Then added green, red and yellow pepper slices, a dash of salt, mixed herbs and parsley and a cup of water and let them cook for about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes were well-cooked, I mashed most of them to thicken the casserole [ as I couldn't use wheat-based thickening.]

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.